How to File for Miami Child Support Enforcement

When a divorce or separation occurs, the noncustodial parent must pay money to the custodial parent to support the children. This is known as child support and is enforced by the courts in Florida.

The amount of child support can vary depending on a number of factors. In general, child support payments are based on the combined incomes of the parents and the number of children involved. However, the court may deviate from the Guidelines if the circumstances of a case warrant it.

If your child’s support order has not been paid by the other parent, you can file for Miami Child Support enforcement to collect the past-due amounts and insure that future payments are made on time. The Florida Department of Revenue will assist you in this process.

Getting help with child support is a crucial step in ensuring that your child is cared for properly after a divorce. The State Attorney’s Office in Miami can provide you with this assistance and help you obtain a child support order that will meet your child’s needs.

How to Get Help With Florida Child Support

Every state has laws that govern the financial responsibilities of each parent in a custody or divorce case. These laws can be complicated and it’s important to seek professional legal assistance.

Ensuring that your child support is paid on time can be a challenge for you and your ex-spouse. If you are unable to make your payments, you should contact a local Miami child support attorney as soon as possible to help you.

In most cases, you will need to go to a judge for approval of your support amount. During your hearing, you will provide evidence of your income and the financial needs of your children. The judge will determine the amount of support based on the Florida Child Support Guidelines, which are set by the State.

How to Get Your Income Imputations Right

One way to ensure that your child support payment is correct is to hire an experienced Miami divorce and family law attorney who will be able to impute your income to the other parent. This is a process that can be difficult and requires thorough knowledge of Florida law.

If your income is inaccurate, the other parent can sue you for retroactive support. Back-owed support can be obtained dating back up to 24 months from when you stopped residing in the same home with your child.

Even if you are currently unemployed and you are seeking retroactive child support, you will need to show that you have been voluntarily unemployed or that you have been making a good faith effort to find employment.

Using a lawyer for retroactive child support is an excellent way to ensure that your support payments are accurate. The first step in this process is to contact your lawyer and provide them with the information they need to calculate your income.

Once you have the appropriate documents, your lawyer will file a motion for child support redetermination. This is a special request that the other parent will need to sign before he or she can be provided with your new income figure.